Q. I can't access EBSCO or other databases from home or off-campus. What should I do?
If you are unable to access Academic Search Premier, GVRL, JSTOR or any of our other research databases from home, perform the following steps.
- Use the link to the database provided from our list of Research Databases. This will make sure that you are using FCC's proxy server to authenticate your credentials.
Verify Username and Password
- Students must login using their myFCC username and myFCC password.
- myFCC Username: W + Student ID (e.g. W1234567).
- myFCC Password: Use the same password you use for any other FCC system, such as Blackboard, Peoplesoft, or Outlook.
Clear Your Browser's Cache
Follow the directions for clearing your browser's cache, then try reconnecting to the databases.
- Clearing cache in Chrome.
- Clearing cache in Firefox.
- Clearing cache in Internet Explorer.
- Clearing cache in Opera.
Contact the Learning Commons
- Contact us via our Ask a Librarian form and we will get back to you within one business day.
- We will do our best to troubleshoot any issues that our databases are having.
For FAQs specifically about Library and Tutoring services during the COVID-19 outbreak, click here.
Didn't find an answer? We are here to help during regular business hours! Submit a question and we'll reply ASAP or within 24 hours.