Q. I can't access EBSCO or other databases from home or off-campus. What should I do?
If you are unable to access Academic Search Premier, GVRL, JSTOR or any of our other research databases from home, perform the following steps.
- Use the link to the database provided from our list of Research Databases. This will make sure that you are using FCC's proxy server to authenticate your credentials.
Verify Username and Password
- Students must login using their myFCC username and myFCC password.
- myFCC Username: W + Student ID (e.g. W1234567).
- myFCC Password: Use the same password you use for any other FCC system, such as Blackboard, Peoplesoft, or Outlook.
Contact the Learning Commons
- The Bess and Frank Gladhill Learning Commons' hours of operation are on the Learning Commons website at the bottom of the page.
- During hours of operation you may call the Learning Commons at (301) 846-2444.
- During non-operational hours you may contact us via our Ask a Librarian form and we will get back to you within one business day.
- We will do our best to troubleshoot any issues that our databases are having.
If you do not find the answer to your question in our FAQ list, please contact us during business hours at the number posted below - or use the form below to email a question to us.