Q. Who can check out materials and for how long?
- FCC students, faculty, and staff can check out library items with their FCC college ID card.
- Community residents of Frederick County may check-out books and DVDs with their Frederick County Public Library card.
- Students and faculty at other schools that offer reciprocal borrowing with FCC may check-out books and DVDs with the ID from your "home" institution.
Book and DVD Loan Periods
- For students and staff: 30-day loan period; 1 renewal if there is no hold on an item by another patron 20-book limit
- For faculty: 30-day loan period, 3 renewals semester loan
- For community residents: 30 days, no renewals, 5-book limit
Recalling a Book or DVD
Any item may be recalled for prompt return at the request of faculty. Library staff will contact you by phone if an item needs to be returned.
Fees for Late Returns
Items that are not returned or renewed two-weeks after the 30-day loan period will be considered lost.
The borrower is responsible for replacement costs and will be billed by the Library. Payment can be made at the Student Account office. Checkout privileges, transcript release, and registration will be blocked for those who have been billed for library materials.
If the borrower returns an item after being billed, all fees and blocks are waived or removed.
Didn't find an answer? We are here to help! Look for our Chat Widget to Chat with a Librarian:
Fall Semester Chat Schedule
- Monday - Thursday, 11:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday, 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Saturday, 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Missed us at chat? Submit a question through the link below and we'll reply ASAP or within 24 hours.